Thursday, December 11, 2008

a day of surprises


today, started off completely opposite from yesterday. alex spent the night at veronica's the previous night. (i know it was a school night, but mother was away and it's a lot peaceful without her.) I even awoke earlier than usual, so i had time to finish off my lunch with some buckeyes; usually there is no time to grab extra goodies. then, savanna (my friend who lives in the next neighborhood) called and said her mom can take me to school. yes! one more hour to just do nothing and watch worthless tv. however i did not watch worthless tv, but a very interesting "true hollywood story" on heidi klum. it kept my attention till savanna came.

then, i went to class (with straight hair by the way) and found two giant jugs of fruit punch waiting for me on my desk. fruit punch is my absolutely favorite drink and i go through a gallon of it a week. one-gallon jug of fruit punch weighs eight pounds. (i got bored and decided to weigh one. shhh, don't judge.) also, mother has recently stopped buying me fruit punch because apparently that much sugar isn't good for me and i definitely won't settle for "diet" fruit punch. um, if it's diet, then it's not real fruit punch. okay, on with my sweet surprise. it turns out jenna got them for me as an early Christmas present. i was in heaven. of course, going to my class with 16 pounds worth of fruit punch was not going to be fun.
so, i asked my study hall teacher, mrs. c, to hold them for me. (mrs. c is about 70 and barely reaches a height of five feet. she has a feisty personality and a fierce hatred towards noise.) she agreed, but i think she now thinks i'm even weirder. don't worry, i'm like her favorite student, even though i do get an occasional lecture from her on my "careless" attitude towards study hall. apparently, you are meant to do some work and not watch movies on your laptop. i don't remember getting that memo.

after school, i attended earth club. i'm the historian (don't ask me what that means because i don't even know.) i love earth club. first of all,i love the earth. second, the members are the best people. they're hilarious and love the earth, too. i don't think you can ask for better members than that. we ended up just hanging out outside and goofing off. i call that meeting a success!

then, my best friend, juan, and my other friend, ashleigh, waited for me, so we could all walk to taco bell because the annual variety show a.k.a. talent show was at 7. i ended up getting two bean burritoes. okay, i had the same thing last night, but seriously you can never get enough of those bean burritoes. after that we headed to the show.

the variety show was awesome. it featured a girl singing a paramore song to a band playing a complex led zeppelin song. i had no idea how talented most of these kids were. they could sing well, they could play piano exceptionally, and they could rock like nobody's business. but the absolute best performance would have to go to two dancers, chelsea and sammy. they dressed up as old men, beard and all, with canes and danced. they shook their hips and popped their chests while still pretending to have back problems. they danced to rap to ballroom music. no genre was left untouched. it was hilarious.
i would also have to give kudos to dylan, an inspiring singer/songwriter. he not only sang like a professional with the right amount of highs and lows, but wrote the song. the song featured lyrics like "why'd you go....leaving me in my tears" to "ill wait for you, for you to return to me." of course that's just from memory and i'm definitely not doing the song the right amount of justice. overall, the show was fantastic.

thanks for reading. i'll leave you with this:
desearle una maƱana feliz.

1 comment:

The Confetti Monster said...

1st: how was the heidi klum thing? anything interesting? tivo it?
2nd: the juice story is SO sweet and SO hilarious! i would love a RANDOM gift like that (i'm obsessed with anything random) so that was probably so exciting. also, your teacher--no offense, but i think you're weird too so it's all good lol.
3rd: remind me--james told me a funny "bedtime" story that i have to share with you.
4th: the variety show sounds incredible! it's always amazing what talent there is just sitting next to you in history class, ya know?
5th: gracias; y tu tambien.