Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Just one of those days, ya know?

The day has been going pretty well by the time I get to drawing class. I'm thinking just a few more hours till I get to go home as I sit down.

Drawing seems to be going okay, better than usual because Priscella was entertaining me with her funny stories. I'm laughing and not really thinking about the octopus I'm drawing with pen and ink. I mean there's not much thinking going on when you're doing pointillism with a quill pen. Maybe I should have been thinking? I don't know.

Well, I wasn't thinking that much about what I was doing until it was too late. My clumsiness got a hold of me and I knocked the bottle of ink over. It happened so fast, but yet I could see the black, black, black ink spilling towards me. It blanketed my artwork, the table, the floor, the chair, and then me.

I was a little in shock when I stood up quickly and yelled the teacher's name. I looked down and was brought back into reality. I had big black stains covering my favorite jeans and in a suspicious place no less. Yes, I had black stains on my crotch along with my thigh.

So, I run to the bathroom and skid across the tile towards the toilet paper. I tear a big wad of toilet paper and douse the stains in water. I dab them ferociously. I look at my navy blue uniform shirt and spot three medium-sized stains, which soaked through my white tank top and to my stomach. Then, I realized that since my crotch is soaked, my underwear must be, too. And sure enough, my new leopard print underwear is covered in ink.

I dabbed at the stains on my jeans for about 40 minutes, which got me some curious stares from a few people. Alex, thankfully, came to the bathroom after I texted her to lend me her gym shorts. Okay, things could be worse I thought. I'm only wearing gym shorts with my stained uniform shirt and flats.

For once, I'm glad that I have study hall. Of course, Autumn and Hayden commented on my "stylish" gym shorts. I explained the situation to them and they just laughed and said 'typical Chloe.' Then, I explained to Autumn that I almost wore my black jeans and black uniform shirt without a tank top, but I didn't. Autumn simply says 'irony at its best.' That's a nicer way to put it.

I also dabbed at the stains in study hall because luckily it's located in the science lad, which has sinks and....paper towels! After half an hour I give up and set my jeans down. There wasn't much I could do.

Just one of those day, ya know?

1 comment:

The Confetti Monster said...

oh, my darling!!! your post made me cringe with sympathy for you; ugh what a day, what a day. and the irony. ugh. i could KILL irony, ya know??? i'm sending you a HUGE cyber hug right now (yes, that sounds super dorky but do i care??? no) and i want you to know that i love you and that hey, it's just clothes. i hope your can reproduce your artwork, though!!! let me know how that goes, darling...